The 19th AsiaTEFL International Conference Call for Presentations
The AsiaTEFL International Conference is the premier platform for English language teaching practitioners, administrators and researchers in Asia. At the conference, participants from Asia and all over the world convene to engage in dialogue on a wide range of topics on how to advance and impact the field of English teaching and learning. The conference offers opportunities to interact with people from all walks of ELT, learn about current trends and contribute to this unique venue for the Asian ELT community.
“Empowering through the English Language: The Dynamics of Teaching and Learning of English in Asia”.
GLA University, Mathura, India
List of Topics
- Language Teaching Methods and Approaches
- Language Testing and Evaluation
- Language Management and Policy
- Acquisition of First Language, Second Language and Foreign Language
- English for Academic Purposes
- English for Specific Purposes
- Designing Syllabus and Production of Teaching Materials
- Teacher Training and Professional Development
- Digital Literacy and Language Technology
- Multilingualism and Multilingual Education
- English as an International language/English as a lingua franca/World Englishes
- Computer Assisted Language Teaching and Learning
- Stylistics and Discourse Analysis
- Language Disorders and Speech Pathology
- Orthography and Writing Systems
- Indian English: Social and Sociolinguistic Aspects
- Indian Languages and Indian English: Mutual Influences and Growth
Though abstracts on the above topics are invited, other topics related to English Language and Teaching are also welcome.
- Prof. Kapil Kapoor, India
- Prof. Edgar W. Schneider, Germany
- Prof. Bernard Spolsky, Israel
Proposals Submission Guidelines
Proposals for presentation are invited from all interested participants.
All submissions must be original and on a topic related to English language and teaching. Proposals of 250 words including references and typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font, double spaced, are to be uploaded with a biographical note of 60 words. Upon submission the presentation proposal submission system will require you to provide information including first/given name, last/sur/family name, nationality, affiliation, title, and status of presenter (first, co-presenter, etc.). If a proposal is submitted by more than one presenter, all co-presenters must submit the information as mentioned above. Other details regarding the conference will be announced as they come along.
All presentation proposal submissions will be accepted through the google form link below: https://asiateflindia2021.wordpress.com/paper-submission/
If anybody is not able to upload her/his abstract on the Google platform, s/he can download the form below and send to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
· 30 minute paper (oral) presentation 25 minutes + 5 minutes Q&A: An oral report of recent research issues or practices.
· 90 minute workshop: Hands on session for professional development focusing on a specific teaching or research technique.
· 90 minute panel discussion: Six panelists and one moderator
· 90 minute symposium: Session with a clear theme and multiple, short presentations on issues, practice or research. Presenters should be recruited prior to proposal submission.
· 60 Minutes: Poster must be presented on an A0-sized poster (approximately 841 x 1189 mm or 33.1 x 66.8 in) to be displayed in a provided area. Presenters must be present at a designated time and discuss their work with the conference participants.
Proposal Submission Deadlines
Submission of Proposal
15 May 2021
Acceptance for Notification
30 June 2021
Early Bird Registration
Till 31st October, 2021
1st to 30th November, 2021
3rd to 5th December, 2021
AsiaTEFL Conference Homepage